Friday, January 18, 2013

A Different kind of Pizza Night

 

Friday night already and time to head down to Leo’s Pizza for our weekly treat. Peggy and John joined Helen and me, making it a small group this time. I was all set to enter my plea for a pizza with Italian sausage, green peppers, onions and mushrooms, but Helen threw me a curve by wanting Lasagna. Our last trip out, Gerry ordered the lasagna and raved about it and we also heard great things about it from others, so Helen and I BOTH ordered the beef lasagna. Peggy and John ordered the extra large Leo’s special, jalapeños on the side.

Who would have thought that one could get lasagna THIS GOOD in Mexico? It was not just good, it was EXCELLENT!! If that were not enough, Peggy made brownies and promised us a few in the morning.

This is just one more of many, many reasons to return to this area next winter. The proximity to the beach, shopping, a fairly large city, lots of varied activities, very fine people ( local Mexicans as well as fellow campers), clinics, dentists and more make this area a most logical choice for another year.

We had one little glitch on the way to Leo’s. When I started the Jeep, the volt meter showed voltage quite a bit lower than normal and I got a check gauge light. Then I got a check engine light. Trying the lights, horn, and Air conditioner, I knew that the gauge was wrong and continued on to Leo’s. Pizza is pizza and we would get back somehow. At Leo’s, I shut down the engine and paused for a moment, then restarted. The volt meter was in the normal area, but the check engine light is still on. Oil pressure, temperature, and all other gauges are fine. Tomorrow will find me at Autozone having them put a scanner on my system to find the problem.

Tonight, I’m going to digest my supper and get an early start to bed.

Later!

1 comment:

  1. Leo's Pizza & Lasagna.Have to keep that in mind. Iam always game for a good chink of lasagna. Hope you don't have to spend a lot of money fixing the jeep. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna..

    ReplyDelete