Sunday, December 15, 2013

My Life as a (lousy) Motorhome Mechanic

 

Well, we’ve been here a week and most of my motorhome problems still exist. The slide hydraulic line still leaks, but I know not where. The air line to the engine exhaust brake has been removed, but I don’t have a replacement….yet. And, the exhaust from the turbo charger to the muffler is disconnected. Tomorrow I will make the 54 mile trip to Freightliner and Caterpillar in Cancun and attempt to get a new air line and new exhaust pipe couplings. Whew!

My days have not been a total loss. When it was determined that there was no progress to be made yesterday, it gave me a chance to take out my kayak for the first time. There was a storm offshore and the waves were rough. I surprised myself by walking past the first few waves in shallow water and getting on the kayak without taking a spill. Then it was off into the breakers and the surf. I HAD A BALL!!! It was way too rough to consider fishing so I had no tackle with me. Besides, I had to concentrate on keeping the kayak heading straight into the waves. It was amazing to see the bow dive under a breaking wave and have the warm water wash over me. The kayak is a sit-on-top, yet my legs were under water. The front and rear areas were awash and I had taken some water inside through the rod holders. There is some tuning to do before I do high surf again. Still, I came home cool and exhilarated

Today is another free day. So I got out my new 8 weight fly rod, tied on a bonefish fly and walked down the beach. Although it was not nearly as rough as yesterday, I was getting beat up by the waves breaking where I wanted to fish. Tired of fighting the waves, a moved toward shore and cast my shrimp imitation parallel to the shore. Two strips and I had one heck of a bite. The rod bent and something took off like a freight train. The bonefish are plentiful here and that’s what I think it was. At any rate, it zoomed out past the inner reef and cut to my left. The line stopped and I reeled in the broken line. It was nicked in several places on the last five inches of leader, so I know what happened.

 

Bonefish [1]……Paul [0]

I also hooked and lost two large needlefish, but losing them is a blessing.

I hope to include some pictures, but I have a state of the art camera and an old f**t photographer. All the pictures of the beach come out completely washed out. A little research on line (cannot find my camera manual) has given me a few things to try.

 

Later.

5 comments:

  1. Glade to here you are there. Right now I am wishing we left our motor home there and flew back. Still no word from the insurance. This cold is killing me. Enjoy your time there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. are bonefish edible? sounds like you are becoming a master kayaker. Give Helen and the girls a hug from us

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be interested to see how things go at the Freightliner place. We have had our woes lately with an red stop engine light that came on. They could not find the issue and it quick acting funny. We are here in place in Southern California for a few weeks. Have a great holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I had a great time reading your website. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

    Regards,

    Joel
    JHouston791 gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is a safe & effective Natural Herbal Medicine. For Total Cure Call    +2349010754824,  or email him   drrealakhigbe@gmail.com       For an Appointment with (Dr.) AKHIGBE contact him. Treatment with Natural Herbal Cure. For:Dengue Fever, Malaria. Painful or Irregular Menstruation. HIV/Aids. Diabetics. Vaginal Infections. Vaginal Discharge. Itching Of the Private Part. Breast Infection. Discharge from Breast. Breast Pain & Itching. Lower Abdominal Pain. No Periods or Periods Suddenly Stop. Women Sexual Problems. High Blood Pressure Chronic Disease. Pain during Sex inside the Pelvis. Pain during Urination. Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, (PID). Dripping Of Sperm from the Vagina As Well As for Low sperm count. Parkinson disease. Obesity, Lupus. Soreness/Injury  Cancer.  Tuberculosis.  Zero sperm count. Bacteria, Impotence Fertility,Protoplasmic, Diarrhea. Hepatitis A&B, Rabies. Asthma.  Quick Ejaculation. Gallstone, Cystic Fibrosis, Schizophrenia, Crubs, Cirrhosis,  Premature Ejaculation. Herpes. Joint Pain. Stroke. Cornelia Disease, Weak Erection. Ovarian problem,  HeartBurn, Erysipelas, Thyroid, Relapsing polychondritis,  Discharge from Penis. Bronchial Problem,  HPV.  Hepatitis A and B. STD. Smallpox, Staphylococcus + Gonorrhea + Syphilis. Heart Disease.  Pile-Hemorrhoid.rheumatism,  Impotence, thyroid, Autism, Depression,  Sepsis Bacteria,  Penis enlargement, Prostate Problem,  Waist & Back Pain.  Male Infertility and Female Infertility. Etc. Take Action Now. contact him & Order for your Natural Herbal Medicine:  +2349010754824  and email him    drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    Note For an Appointment with (Dr.) AKHIGBE.I suffered in Cancer for a year and three months dying in pain and full of heartbreak. One day I was searching through the internet and I came across a testimony of herpes cure by doctor Akhigbe. So I contacted him to try my luck, we talked and he sent me the medicine through courier service and with instructions on how to be drinking it.To my greatest surprise drinking the herbal medicine within three weeks I got the changes and I was cured totally. I don't really know how it happens but there is power in Dr Akhigbe herbal medicine. He is a good herbalist doctor.

    ReplyDelete