Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Xpu-HA at last!!!!

 

Yesterday afternoon we finally arrived at Xpu-Ha and I was most gratified to find that Dierck was able to save “our” spot. At nearly 37 feet (12 meters), we require a lot of room.

Before we could even greet our friends, all hell broke loose. As I cracked open the door, Coco LUNGED out the door with Sandy trailing behind. She remembered the layout here and zigged and zagged around campers and cars on her way to the beach. I grabbed the leashes and chased after, but found them gloriously enjoying the surf. Ann was down there entertaining them with a stick and in just a few moments had attracted a small crowd.

Then we got warm greetings from all our friends at Xpu-Ha campground. It was really good to see them all doing so well. I saw one fellow who looked familiar and he seemed to recognize me. “Dennis ? “ I asked and he replied “Paul”. We met two years ago in Punta Perula. He and his wife, Rosemary, were very easy to get to know and Rosemary joined me and Helen for a snorkel trip one day.

Shortly thereafter, Helen took the three dogs back to the beach with the intent to thoroughly tire them out while I set about getting the camper set up. When Helen came back I connected a water hose so she could wash the three canines.

Setting up camp rarely goes completely smoothly and this time was no different, but everything worked out. There is much more to do today…….or mañana…..No! I WILL get to it today.

This is just to let you know that we are here and we are safe. More blogs will come and I WILL include pictures.

Later.

2 comments:

  1. Great to see you are safely at your winter home. I'll bet the girls are ecstatic with the beach being right there. Hope the weather and water are warm for you Paul. It's in the teens right now at the Ranch. Miss you guys. Sam & Donna...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are safe and sound....Coco smelled that salt air she's no dummy. How big were their smiles....yeah am expecting some blogs out of you now

    ReplyDelete