Wednesday, June 15, 2011

BEWARE THE COMING OF MIDNIGHT!!!

I'm reaching a point where I'm beginning to get anxious as the clock approached midnight. Well, not exactly midnight, but 11:00 PM. A short time ago we realized that the air conditioned wasn't running and it was getting warm. That was as we were about to watch the 11 o'clock news. Two days ago at 11o'clock, I started to make a cup of coffee to drink while we watched the news only to find that we had no water. With no water we also had no air conditioning because of the air-to-water or geothermal heat pump. I spent much of yesterday toiling in the hot sun to get the water back. I* went out in the motorhome and set the thermostat to 73 degrees so we would have a cold spot if we needed it. By last night I was completely worn out. At 8:30 I took my night time pills and went to bed. I tossed and turned for about one second and went right to sleep. Helen had assured me that I could have today off. No plumbing. No trees. Just relax.

Around the unholy hour of 11, Helen woke me out of a very deep sleep. Well, perhaps not completely awake, to tell me that there was a leak in the garage. Oh Boy!!! I stumbled into the garage and assured Helen that there was no real problem and that I would fix it in the morning, ON MY DAY OFF. I was in such a stupor, that if water was gushing out of somewhere and was threatening to wash the cars right out of the garage, I would have told her the same thing. Anything to get back to bed.

I was again at Lowe's first thing in the morning and I have finished re-plumbing the water supply to the heat pump. At least I'm done for now. There is still a little leak that will have to be addressed and there is a small leak at the well that has to be addressed, but not today!

The way I feel right now is that if I were to spend some time in the yard, buzzards would start circling, waiting for me to keel over. It's 11:04 as I write this and I feel that's plenty late enough for my afternoon nap.

Night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment